Re: Table health

From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Table health
Date: 2023-10-18 06:52:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, 2023-10-17 at 23:23 +0530, Rajesh Kumar wrote:
> I have been asked to check table health of specific big table.
>
> What are list of things I have to check?

Look at pg_stat_all_tables to see if the number of dead tuples
is excessive and if autovacuum and autoanalyze are running as
they should.

Look at pg_class to see if "relfrozenxid" and "relminmxid" are
far from the danger zone.

Run the function pgstattuple_approx() to see if the table is bloated.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe