primary key and foreign keys

From: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: primary key and foreign keys
Date: 2009-09-24 13:47:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi folks,

I am trying to do a little bit of changes in one of my DBs, basically it
involves changing primary keys to just unique index (the columns are already
not null);
I was thinking about just dropping Pk in transaction, creating unique index,
and creating PK on other column), but I can't do this - due to FK hanging
off the PK.

Now, what would be the best way to go around it, without need to drop and
recreate FKs ?

--
GJ