Re: Upgrading to v12

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Brad White <b55white(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading to v12
Date: 2022-11-13 16:46:45
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/12/22 18:18, Brad White wrote:

> >  How where the restored copies made on the original cluster?
> I guess I'm not understanding the confusion here. They were restored
> with the same script but to a different DB name and with the 9.4
> executables.
> In fact, that was why the script was originally written, so we could
> restore and test the backups.

The confusion came from this:

"I only need the primary.
Not the half dozen restored copies."

I initially assumed, correctly as it turns out, that they all existed on
the production cluster and where duplicates.

Then you posted:

"Over time, we've restored multiple copies for testing and reproducing
various issues.

I'm only trying to set up replication one one of those copies. "

and showed a process where they being restored to other clusters.

At that point I was lost as to what copies meant and where they came from.

Not sure that this is actually pertinent to the problem at hand, I was
just trying to nail down the moving pieces.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com