Re: Convert sepgsql tests to TAP

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Convert sepgsql tests to TAP
Date: 2024-07-24 16:42:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7/24/24 12:36, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org> writes:
>> In my experience, the tests (both the old and the proposed new) only
>> work on Red Hat-like platforms. I had also tried on Debian but decided
>> that it won't work.
>
> Yeah, Red Hat is pretty much the only vendor that has pushed SELinux
> far enough to be usable by non-wizards. I'm not surprised if there
> are outright bugs in other distros' versions of it, as AFAIK
> nobody else turns it on by default.

I tried some years ago to get it working on my Debian-derived Linux Mint
desktop and gave up. I think SELinux is a really good tool on RHEL
variants, but I don't think many people use it on anything else. As Tom
says, perhaps there are a few wizards out there though...

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team