Forcing "quotes" around Value field in database Parameters sheet

From: Milan Oparnica <milan(dot)opa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Forcing "quotes" around Value field in database Parameters sheet
Date: 2019-09-19 11:14:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi good people  :)

I may have found a bug in the *Database properties* sheet preventing
setting *Parameters* on the database level.

I tried to set the *search_path* parameter on the database level.

1. Right click on the database
2. Select *Properties...* from the menu
3. Click on tab *Parameters*
4. Click *+* and enter /search_path/ to *Name* field
5. Enter /scha, schb, public, pg_catalog**/in the *Value *field (note,
without quotes)
6. Click *Save*

Run new query window and type *show search_path*. The result is
*"**scha, schb, public, pg_catalog"* - together with the quotes aroud
the string.*
*Such path, of course, is not valid.

Testing this in the same query window:

*SET search_path TO scha, schb, public, pg_catalog*;

*SHOW search_path*

results with

*scha, schb, public, pg_catalog* (without quotes, and it works as expected).

My conclusion is that pgAdmin4 for some reason adds and stores quotes
around the search_path value, and later uses the value as if it is a
*single full path name*.

The database server this occures on is Pg 11.

Best regards,

M.O.