Re: pgbouncer logs and its efficiency

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Victor Sudakov <vas(at)sibptus(dot)ru>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgbouncer logs and its efficiency
Date: 2022-02-02 07:08:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 28.01.22 05:14, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> 1. What is the meaning of those IDs in the log like
> "S-0xaaaae460fcb0", "C-0xaaaae45d9fb0" ? I suspect that "S-" and "C-"
> mean "server" and "client", but what are those HEX numbers?

These are the internal addresses of the server and client structures.
You can use those to track a particular server or client connection
through the logs and through SHOW SERVERS and SHOW SERVERS.

> 2. How would you calculate the efficiency of pgbouncer, like
> client_conns/server_conns ratio (current and average over over time)?

This depends heavily on what you are using pgbouncer for and what
metrics are relevant for your application.