Database owner can't analyze/vacuum all of the database tables

From: "Yonatan Ben-Nes" <yonatan(at)epoch(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database owner can't analyze/vacuum all of the database tables
Date: 2007-09-04 18:46:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

When I try to analyze (or vacuum) the database with the owner of the
database I receive the following warnings:

help2.com=> ANALYZE ;
WARNING: skipping "pg_authid" --- only table or database owner can analyze
it
WARNING: skipping "pg_tablespace" --- only table or database owner can
analyze it
WARNING: skipping "pg_pltemplate" --- only table or database owner can
analyze it
WARNING: skipping "pg_shdepend" --- only table or database owner can
analyze it
WARNING: skipping "pg_shdescription" --- only table or database owner can
analyze it
WARNING: skipping "pg_database" --- only table or database owner can
analyze it
WARNING: skipping "pg_auth_members" --- only table or database owner can
analyze it
ANALYZE

I checked at the documentation and found that those tables are shared across
all of the databases of the cluster.

So my question is, is it important to analyze/vacuum them? or maybe because
they are scarcely used (I don't even know if this assumption is right) it's
not important to analyze/vacuum them?

I can always change their owner to the database owner but I guess that if
the database owner didn't get ownership over those tables too then there is
a reason for that...

Thanks a lot in advance,
Yonatan Ben-Nes