Re: "too many trigger records found for relation xyz"

From: "Mikko Partio" <mpartio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Zdenek Kotala" <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "too many trigger records found for relation xyz"
Date: 2008-04-08 09:20:51
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com>
wrote:

> Mikko Partio napsal(a):
>
> > Hello all
> >
> > Postgres version 8.3.1
> >
> > I just created a bunch of tables (~10) with identical structure; all
> > tables
> > have 6 foreign key references to other tables and a primary key. To my
> > surprise, some of the tables were created ok, some missed primary key
> > and
> > some didn't get created at all.
> >

> Can you provide self contained reproduction scenario?

Unfortunately not -- if I try to dump one the referenced tables I get this
error:

pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: more than one row returned by a
subquery used as an expression
pg_dump: The command was: SELECT tableoid, oid, typname, typnamespace,
(SELECT rolname FROM pg_catalog.pg_roles WHERE oid = typowner) as rolname,
typinput::oid as typinput, typoutput::oid as typoutput, typelem, typrelid,
CASE WHEN typrelid = 0 THEN ' '::"char" ELSE (SELECT relkind FROM pg_class
WHERE oid = typrelid) END as typrelkind, typtype, typisdefined, typname[0] =
'_' AND typelem != 0 AND (SELECT typarray FROM pg_type te WHERE oid =
pg_type.typelem) = oid AS isarray FROM pg_type

Regards

Mikko