Re: Regd. the Implementation of Wallet (in Oracle) config equivalent in postgreSQL whilst the database migration

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regd. the Implementation of Wallet (in Oracle) config equivalent in postgreSQL whilst the database migration
Date: 2022-12-21 23:10:00
Lists: pgsql-general

If a hacker gets in with root access, they can copy /your/ (and my)
Postgresql database files (or, more easily, the backup files) off site,
restore them, and then have access to your database.  Not so much
TDE-encrypted databases, since the backups are encrypted too and you need
the key to decrypt them,

As for the Bad Things which happen if you lose the keys... well, *don't lose
the keys!!*