Re: Licensing

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Bryan Boone <bboone(dot)nb(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Licensing
Date: 2021-08-18 19:13:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On 8/18/21 11:39 AM, Bryan Boone wrote:
> Hello Everyone.  I have a question about licensing with PostgeSQL.
>
> I work for a small company and we design websites for customers of ours.
>  I read the license that is listed here.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/about/licence/
>
> However, I am still confused.

I would think:

"Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose, without fee, and without a written
agreement is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice
and this paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all copies. "

pretty much covers it, no fee, no written agreement is needed.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com