Re: Tricking the optimizer

From: Vitaliy Garnashevich <vgarnashevich(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tricking the optimizer
Date: 2018-04-18 16:01:44
Lists: pgsql-general

We'd rather avoid writing C code. We're trying to stick with the DB
functionality provided by default.

Could something like the following, in theory, make things at least
somewhat better in our case (without using the selectivity override)?

... WHERE coalesce(securityFilter1 AND securityFilter2 AND
securityFilter3)::bool;

Regards,
Vitaliy