Issue with Commenting Code Blocks in pgAdmin 4 on macOS

From: Marie Severa <maja(dot)severa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Issue with Commenting Code Blocks in pgAdmin 4 on macOS
Date: 2024-07-25 19:43:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dear pgAdmin Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I am encountering in pgAdmin 4 on my macOS system. Specifically, I am having trouble finding a keyboard shortcut to comment out blocks of code in the SQL editor.

Despite following various instructions, I have been unable to configure a working shortcut. The default shortcut (Cmd + /) is reserved for displaying the top panel on macOS, and as a result, it does not function for commenting out code in pgAdmin 4.

Here are the steps I have taken so far:

Attempted to use Cmd + / in the SQL editor
Checked the keyboard shortcuts list in pgAdmin 4 but could not find an option for commenting out code.
Tried to create a custom shortcut via macOS settings, which was unsuccessful.
Could you please provide guidance on how to set up a functional keyboard shortcut for commenting out blocks of code in the pgAdmin 4 SQL editor on macOS? If there is an alternative method or a workaround, I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Marie Severa