Re: Documenting timezone setting in initdb

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documenting timezone setting in initdb
Date: 2014-12-12 11:37:38
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 12 Dec 2014, at 05:16, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> On 11/15/14 7:19 PM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> Setting the time zone of the newly created cluster from initdb via the
>> environment variable isn't documented in the initdb section (but very handy).
>> Attached is a patch adding a mention of TZ in the Environment section.
>
> What is a "full time zone name"? Where is that term documented?

Full time zone name is the term used in section 8.5.3 for the America/New_York
style time zone names, perhaps linking to that section like how we link to the
locale section etc would be appropriate?

> Also, I wouldn't write "should use", but "will use".

Fair enough, that does make it clearer.

I can submit a patch with these changes if you want?

cheers ./daniel