Re: utf8 errors

From: Alban Hertroys <haramrae(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>, Jirí Pavlovský *EXTERN* <jiri(at)pavlovsky(dot)eu>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: utf8 errors
Date: 2013-06-28 06:39:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jun 28, 2013, at 8:10, Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> FYI, I had the exact same problem earlier this week, while building a
> new Debian Stable (Wheezy) server where postgresql version is 9.1.9-1
> for a database containing accented characters.

You probably had a rather different problem, as you are actually dealing with accented characters in your data.

The OP was dealing with integers, which tend to not have accented characters in them.

I suggest that you create a separate thread for your issue, as they're probably not related.

Alban Hertroys