Help required

From: "Ravindran Vijaykumar R-AVR025" <vijay(dot)ravindran(at)motorola(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help required
Date: 2006-10-03 10:00:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Friends,

I am using postgres 7.4.2 in Ubuntu linux...

when I run psql -l command, it says the following error....

postgres(at)host:~$ psql -l
psqll: could not connect to server: Connection refused
connections on Unix domain socket
"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I have the backup database in the home folder, please update me, how
should i make the database up...

rgds
vijay