RE: Postgres DB Slowness

From: <soumik(dot)bhattacharjee(at)kpn(dot)com>
To: <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Postgres DB Slowness
Date: 2019-08-22 14:35:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:26 PM
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org

On 8/22/19 9:04 AM, soumik(dot)bhattacharjee(at)kpn(dot)com<mailto:soumik(dot)bhattacharjee(at)kpn(dot)com> wrote:

Hello Members,

We have the below PostgreSQL database recently migrated from Oracle.

The postgres DB parameters are attached here.

# DB Version: 10

# OS Type: Linux

# Total Memory (RAM): 30 GB
#CPU
nproc --all
2

There is huge slowness in the database now with any queries.

Oracle - Select * from TABLENAME- in takes 0.009 milliseconds
PostgreSQL - Same query takes more than 2 minutes.

Have you validated that the Postgres server has the same indexes?

If so, did you ANALYZE all the tables?

Yes Ron, we migrated from Oracle as per same structure and indexes.

I did the analyze for 2-3 tables now as per my SQL query I wrote and also ran for one particular table below –

VACUUM (FULL,ANALYZE) table_name.