Bug report: variable_conflict + ON CONFLICT

From: Alexi Theodore <alexitheodore(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug report: variable_conflict + ON CONFLICT
Date: 2022-01-06 00:40:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I'd like to report what I think is a bug. I've put together a script which highlights things pretty clearly. The short synopsis is that when using "#variable_conflict use_variable" in a function or procedure, the correct choice of variable vs column name is done everywhere (that I know of) except in the ON CONFLICT (<column name>) part of an INSERT statement. That one part only seems to not follow the conflict resolution pattern.

Thanks,

Alex

Attachment Content-Type Size
bug report - ON CONFLICT and variable_conflict.txt text/plain 1.1 KB