Problems when copy data from dump file

From: "Klas Stockhem" <Klas(dot)Stockhem(at)benders(dot)se>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems when copy data from dump file
Date: 2009-08-06 10:00:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

> The data in the dump file are structured and I want to execute this
> automatically (copy+paste it) in the EMS software.
> I still get the syntax error even if I use the command you send me:
> COPY artikkel (id, tittel, tekst) FROM stdin; 1<tab>Title
one<tab>Some
> text \.

Why not just load the dump file into PostgreSQL? Why are you trying to
copy+paste if you want the entire dump?

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd

I have tried to load the dump file also but get same error.

I have check the sql dump file in Ultra editor 32 where you can see the
hex value of each character in the file I see the both the original dump
file and my copy+paste text contain a tab (hex value 09).

Note that I have "CREATE TABLE" script in the dump file and this was
executed good in the server. This was copy+pasted also.

Maybe you can send me an create table script and one row of a copy
command and I can execute this and see if it works?

//Klas