DBD::Pg requires at least protocol version 3.0

From: Lee Duynslager <lee(dot)duynslager(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: DBD::Pg requires at least protocol version 3.0
Date: 2013-06-08 01:43:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi I have no other alternative but to connect to an old version of postgres sever that uses protocol v 2, it might be v 6 or 7, i have no control over that server, so i cant update it.

What can i do to get perl to be able to Connect up to this old remote pg server? I am running ubuntu 12.04. With 8.4 postgres server loaded.

Thanks

LD