Re: What could cause a temp table to disappear?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: François Beausoleil <francois(at)teksol(dot)info>, Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What could cause a temp table to disappear?
Date: 2013-02-27 21:59:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On 02/27/2013 01:48 PM, Franois Beausoleil wrote:
>> Le 2013-02-27 16:45, Adrian Klaver a crit :
>>> Also what client/library are you using to connect with?

>> I use Ruby & Sequel. Sequel is a very thin library over straight SQL.

> Everything else is the same? It is acting like something is closing a
> session on you. Could there be a connection pooler in the mix?

Or just closing a transaction --- note the ON COMMIT DROP. I'm thinking
something in the client-side stack is doing something you don't expect.
Suggest turning on server-side logging (log_statement = all, maybe
log_connections too) rather than trusting this client-side log to be
telling the whole truth.