Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.
Date: 2017-05-17 17:06:26
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> No, the previous setup hasn't been "in place for years". These programs
>> were only NLS-ified last fall.

> We use the same technique in other places such as pg_dump's help() too.

Meh. Well, I reverted the changes in question while we discuss it.

Changing the pgindent rule for such cases sounds kind of promising,
but will anyone pursue it?

(In any case, we should probably go ahead with the scheduled pgindent
run, and then we can consider a new run with new rules later; that
will ease seeing exactly what changes a new rule would make.)