Re: configure datatype name > 31?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mark McEahern" <marklists(at)mceahern(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: configure datatype name > 31?
Date: 2002-05-16 02:39:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Mark McEahern" <marklists(at)mceahern(dot)com> writes:
> Regarding bumping the protocol number, is there documentation that describes
> exactly how to do that? I looked at the source code and nothing jumped out
> at me as the obvious spot to make this change.

I believe the right thing is to change
#define PG_PROTOCOL_LATEST PG_PROTOCOL(2,0)
#define PG_PROTOCOL_LATEST PG_PROTOCOL(2,1)
(or minor-number-of-your-choice) in pqcomm.h. You'd also need to change
PG_PROTOCOL_LIBPQ in libpq-int.h, and comparable changes in any other
client libraries that you'd updated.

Untested, use at your own risk, etc...

regards, tom lane