Re: PGStatement#setPrepareThreshold

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>, Postgres JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGStatement#setPrepareThreshold
Date: 2006-08-04 16:19:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>> Bind also has a statement name, as well as a portal name ?
>>
>> Ideally I'd like to see the parameters which were bound and the
>> types, but I suspect I'm reaching here.

> Right, but do we want to repeat the statement for every bind case?

My upthread proposal was to print the statement and portal names
at bind time. The current printout is very clearly inadequate.

> The bind parameter printing is on the TODO list.

Yeah, that one's a bit harder to fix :-( It would be relatively
easy for the case of parameters supplied in text form, but I'm
not sure about binary values. Is JDBC doing anything with binary
parameter transmission yet?