Re: tsvector_update_trigger throws error "column is not of tsvector type"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tsvector_update_trigger throws error "column is not of tsvector type"
Date: 2008-04-08 16:59:23
Lists: pgsql-general

"Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de> writes:
> So everything's working as expected apart from that built-in trigger function.

Well, that's just strange. I tried to duplicate your example without
any success (ie, it worked fine) --- although it seemed you hadn't
shown the trigger definition exactly. I got a syntax error because
'pg_catalog.german' wasn't quoted, and after that an error about
column user_login not existing. But I assume these are just typos
in your message.

Would you confirm that

select atttypid from pg_attribute where attrelid = 'public.ct_com_board_message'::regclass and attname = 'idxfti';

gives 3614 (the preassigned OID for pg_catalog.tsvector)?