Re: Google Doc Camp

From: Basil Bourque <basil(dot)bourque(dot)lists(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Google Doc Camp
Date: 2013-08-10 09:23:00
Lists: pgsql-docs

UPDATE: I just made contact with the coordinator of the "2013 Doc Camp Call for Proposals".

• We just missed the August 7 deadline. Can we still sneak in?
--> Yes, if we hurry.

• Do they insist on people showing up for the full five days?
--> Yes, you must commit to all 5 days. (October 14-18, 2013)
The first two days discuss doc strategies, and has proven very valuable to the teams.

• Might we pick up individual volunteers at the event?
--> Yes.
They have two types of application, Individual and Project. The individuals may "shop around" to volunteer with any of the declared projects.

• How many people?
--> We may nominate up to 5 people.

• Cost?
--> Accommodation and food costs - Free.
--> Travel - Part or complete travel costs may be covered, as requested in our application. Also, Josh Berkus said on this thread that community funds may be able to cover airfare costs.

• When?
--> Five days: October 14-18, 2013 (Monday-Friday)

• Where?
--> Google's Mountain View headquarters in California.

• More info?
--> http://www.flossmanuals.org/news/2013-doc-camp-call-proposals

I'm very excited by this opportunity to make a breakthrough on some newbie/introduction/orientation/installation doc. I might even go it alone, but the synergy and productivity would be so much greater with at least one or two other team members.

I am willing to coordinate the team and write the proposal (answer a series of questions given to me by the Doc Camp coordinator), unless Josh Berkus or someone else wants to lead the way.

--Basil Bourque