Re: Template zero xid issue

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Keaton Adams" <kadams(at)mxlogic(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Template zero xid issue
Date: 2007-08-06 16:50:36
Lists: pgsql-general

"Keaton Adams" <kadams(at)mxlogic(dot)com> writes:
> Sorry, I should have mentioned that to begin with: psql 8.1.4

Hmm, you know that's pretty old don't you? The latest release in
that branch is 8.1.9 (and there'll be an 8.1.10 before long).

> It's set to false.

> mxl=3D# \c template0;
> FATAL: database "template0" is not currently accepting connections
> Previous connection kept

That's what it should be, but nonconnectable databases are supposed to
be ignored in figuring the XID wraparound limit, so I don't see how you
got the warning mentioning template0.

Do you have autovacuum enabled? I think there are some relevant
post-8.1.4 changes in autovac.