Re: clarifying trigger/rule behavior on logical replication subscribers

From: "Euler Taveira" <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: clarifying trigger/rule behavior on logical replication subscribers
Date: 2023-06-08 15:15:28
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, Jun 8, 2023, at 3:36 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> I agree that it is a good idea to be explicit about this behavior. As
> mentioned by you, it would be better to backpatch this. Also, I
> thought about moving this to some other section like [1] but I think
> we need to explain a bit about apply worker before providing this
> specific information. So, the current place seems to be the best bet
> considering the way current logical replication is documented.

I agree with this clarification in the suggested section. One small suggestion
is to avoid the word "replica", AFAICS it is not used in the logical
replication chapter; use "subscriber" instead. Another suggestion is to add
links to the exact ALTER TABLE ... ENABLE TRIGGER and ALTER TABLE ... ENABLE
RULE since we recently added it.

--
Euler Taveira
EDB https://www.enterprisedb.com/