Re: Text value within composite function result not quoted

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Guyren Howe <guyren(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Text value within composite function result not quoted
Date: 2017-05-16 05:58:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Guyren Howe <guyren(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Thanks. This is… inconvenient. I see nothing about an option to force quoting of strings. Is there no such option? If not, I suggest that it would be a useful addition.

Force-quoting the elements would not move the goalposts all that much
concerning parse-ability of composite (or array) output. If you're
complaining about that, I strongly suspect your code also fails to cope
with embedded quotes, nested structures, and/or nulls.

You might consider expanding the query's output so that the fields are
delivered separately.