Isn't pg_statistic a security hole?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Isn't pg_statistic a security hole?
Date: 2001-05-06 17:14:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Right now anyone can look in pg_statistic and discover the min/max/most
common values of other people's tables. That's not a lot of info, but
it might still be more than you want them to find out. And the
statistical changes that I'm about to commit will allow a couple dozen
values to be exposed, not only three values per column.

It seems to me that only superusers should be allowed to read the
pg_statistic table. Or am I overreacting? Comments?