Re: Connecting to Postgresql without IP address

From: "sivapostgres(at)yahoo(dot)com" <sivapostgres(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Postgresql General Group <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connecting to Postgresql without IP address
Date: 2021-06-30 07:54:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
Using PostgreSQL 11
Currently connecting PostgreSQL database from our Powerbuilder application using the IPAddress as Server Name through ODBC driver.  Would like to know whether we can connect naming the computername instead of IP Address ?  If yes, what info to be entered in pg_hba.config file ?
My connection string is :"ConnectString='Driver=PostgreSQL Unicode;Database=dbname;Server=192.168.1.21;Port=5432;UID=user;PWD=pass;',DisableBind=1"

Here Server is assigned with IP Address of the computer where PostgreSQL is installed.  I think of doing it with "ConnectString='Driver=PostgreSQL Unicode;Database=dbname;Server=PGServer;Port=5432;UID=user;PWD=pass;',DisableBind=1"

Is it possible ?
Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash