Re: PostgreSQL 7.1.3 Installation Problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Emmanuel Asante" <asante(at)mweb(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.1.3 Installation Problem
Date: 2001-12-17 04:19:34
Lists: pgsql-general

"Emmanuel Asante" <asante(at)mweb(dot)co(dot)za> writes:
> The version of readline I used is the latest (i.e. version 4.2-3). I got a
> new copy from another source but I still got the same error messages. Do you
> think an older version will work?

Hmm, maybe. The readline boys have a bad habit of making incompatible
API changes with every release :-(. I know we had it working with all
readline releases up through a few months ago, but maybe they've
zigzagged again. Could you try it with 4.2 or before? If it works that
way then I'll try to figure out what they changed...