Re: Large tables management question

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Luben Karavelov <luben(at)bgone(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large tables management question
Date: 2001-12-04 14:59:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Luben Karavelov <luben(at)bgone(dot)net> writes:
> I want to ask you if there is some way to manage such amount of data in
> postgresql?

At the moment, managing it at the RAID level is the only really
convenient answer. Postgres can cope with tables up to the terabyte
range, but it expects you to supply a filesystem that can hold 'em.

In theory you could try to manage the space manually using symlinks,
but I can't recommend that; too tedious and error-prone.