Re: upgrade failure from 9.5 to head

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: upgrade failure from 9.5 to head
Date: 2015-07-29 14:30:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> My cross-version upgrade testing tool just threw up this failure,
> upgrading from 9.5 to head:

> CREATE ROLE "dummy_seclabel_user1";
> CREATE ROLE
> ALTER ROLE "dummy_seclabel_user1" WITH NOSUPERUSER INHERIT
> CREATEROLE NOCREATEDB LOGIN NOREPLICATION NOBYPASSRLS;
> ALTER ROLE
> SECURITY LABEL FOR "dummy" ON ROLE "dummy_seclabel_user1" IS
> 'classified';
> psql:pg_upgrade_dump_globals.sql:25: ERROR: security label provider
> "dummy" is not loaded

Apparently you're trying to pg_upgrade an installation that contains
leftover databases from src/test/modules/ testing? Not sure we have
any intention of supporting that. Even if it made sense in some cases,
the README for dummy_seclabel is pretty definitive that that one is
not meant for production.