Re: php connection failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ourdiaspora <ourdiaspora(at)protonmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: php connection failure
Date: 2021-08-07 23:26:37
Lists: pgsql-general

ourdiaspora <ourdiaspora(at)protonmail(dot)com> writes:
> psql -d cpacweb -h 127.0.0.1 -U cpaca
> psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
> Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
> TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Hm --- this suggests that you've got a kernel packet filter (i.e.
software firewall) that is not passing traffic for 5432.

It's not very clear how it worked before if that were in place
previously, but since you've said zero about what the working
configuration looked like, that's the best I've got.