Re: [HACKERS] Re:HEAP_MOVED_IN during vacuum - test case

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Birch <sbirch(at)ironmountainsystems(dot)com>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re:HEAP_MOVED_IN during vacuum - test case
Date: 2000-01-09 21:33:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stephen Birch <sbirch(at)ironmountainsystems(dot)com> writes:
> I have now created a test case that demonstrate the HEAP_MOVED_IN during
> vacuum problem.

Using this script, I see no failure under either REL6_5_PATCHES or
current branch on HPUX 10.20 --- but I do see it in current sources
on a Linux box! Platform-dependent problem, evidently. Will start
digging.

Stephen, many thanks for creating a small, reproducible example.
I know that's often the hardest part of finding a bug...