Re: Building tds_fdw Extension for Windows 64bit

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Building tds_fdw Extension for Windows 64bit
Date: 2017-11-02 15:40:14
Lists: pgsql-general

"Igal @ Lucee.org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org> writes:
> Any other ideas?

It looks to me like MSVC is complaining about the PGDLLEXPORT
markings that tds_fdw.c has on the function definitions
(not the extern declarations). In the core code we only put
PGDLLEXPORT in extern declarations ... so try keeping it in
the externs and removing it from the .c file.

You may still get warnings that way, which I think you probably
have to live with, unless you want to make a .DEF file or use
--export-all-symbols as a substitute for PGDLLEXPORT'ing specific
functions. For some sorry history around this see

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/A737B7A37273E048B164557ADEF4A58B539300BD%40ntex2010a.host.magwien.gv.at