Re: plpython does not honour max-rows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpython does not honour max-rows
Date: 2023-05-02 20:35:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I wrote:
> Since that's stood for a few decades now, changing it seems impossible
> from the backwards-compatibility standpoint. However, it does seem
> appropriate to repeat that material in the wrapper's documentation.
> I wonder whether the similar plperl and pltcl wrappers are also
> documentation-shy here.

Indeed so. The underlying SPI documentation is solid enough on this
point, but the PLs are all misleading, in that they suggest the limit
arguments work like "LIMIT n" or "FETCH n", which isn't quite so.
I suggest the attached docs patch.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix-PL-limit-documentation.patch text/x-diff 5.2 KB