From: tankgirl(at)worldonline(dot)es
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2001-07-03 10:29:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I want to implement versions of a relation using production rules.

I have found that the syntax for creating a version is:

'CREATE [direction] VERSION Vname FROM Bname'

where...

-> direction can be both forward or backward deltas
-> Vname is the name of the version (the new table with updated,
added or deleted tuples)
-> Bname is the name of the base relation (the table I already have)

I have typed it, but it doesn't work, and there is no man entry for
'CREATE VERSION'

I wonder if there is any way of implementing versions using POSTGRES
rules.

Thankyou.

Stay Safe & Happy

:* TankGirl

  • Re: at 2001-07-03 12:12:18 from Jan Wieck