Re: restore database with schema: owner schema must have superuser privileges?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar(at)ptinovacao(dot)pt>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: restore database with schema: owner schema must have superuser privileges?
Date: 2003-04-21 13:50:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar(at)ptinovacao(dot)pt> writes:
> I have a database which has a schema owned by a user (with no superuser
> privileges). When restoring the dump file with my superuser database,
> the dump script connects with my owner user (which I created before),
> and tries to create the schema with that user, and of course it cannot
> do it, because my owner user hasn't super user privileges that permits
> create a schema!

You don't need superuser privs to create a schema, only CREATE privs on
the database. Why would you have revoked CREATE-schema privs from the
database owner?? Seems downright weird.

pg_dump does have some known problems with situations where a
previously-held right has been revoked. I guess this is another one for
the to-do list.