Re: sslcompression / PGSSLCOMPRESSION not behaving as documented?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Maciek Sakrejda <maciek(at)heroku(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sslcompression / PGSSLCOMPRESSION not behaving as documented?
Date: 2015-01-16 16:30:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Maciek Sakrejda <maciek(at)heroku(dot)com> writes:
> I'm having a hard time getting SSL compression working (or even figuring
> out why it's not working) with my local Postgres server. The setting [1] is
> documented to default to on, but according to the banner when I connect
> with psql, it's off.

Possibly you have the same type of problem mentioned here:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABUevEytxEQtbMeuKpJ8tYjeeB37mzDQ7BASzEZN6EgcGrdZxA@mail.gmail.com

although Ubuntu may well have done it a bit differently than Red Hat,
ie the way to override openssl's default behavior might be different.