Re: Legal disclaimers on emails to this group

From: Moreno Andreo <moreno(dot)andreo(at)evolu-s(dot)it>
To: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Legal disclaimers on emails to this group
Date: 2019-12-12 15:03:32
Lists: pgsql-performance

Il 07/12/19 13:10, Jean-David Beyer ha scritto:
> People should probably not post anything on newsgroups from computers
> owned by their employers. They are probably violating the terms of their
> employment.
Are you sure? Imagine you are the DBA in your company and you need to
ask a question to PostgreSQL mailing list....
I think it's perfectly legit that you do it from your corporate email,
and not from your private one (since private email address use is not
admitted, just like private messages from corporate email).
I have my disclaimer at the bottom of my signature, so I can choose when
to add it or not, it's my company policy; someone else's policy should
be that the corporate mail server automatically appends the disclaimer
to every mail message (so no user control).
I agree with Tom to just ignore disclaimers and delete them when
replying to threads: you can't blame someone for what's not under his
control.

Obvoiusly you have to be careful to not include sensitive data in your
public email, but that's always under your control.

Cheers
Moreno.-