Re: insert into select from

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jan Branbergen" <jan(at)entrisphere(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: insert into select from
Date: 2001-05-04 20:05:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Jan Branbergen" <jan(at)entrisphere(dot)com> writes:
> i have constraints defined on the tables to force ref integrity, but nothing
> else. i can send my schema if you would like.

If you have a foreign key reference from screen_filter_field to
screen_filter, that would explain it --- but I'd expect you'd be
seeing the permissions issue on any insert into screen_filter_field,
not only an INSERT/SELECT.

See past discussions about why the foreign key triggers use SELECT FOR
UPDATE rather than plain SELECT. I am not sure whether this is any
different in 7.1 ...