Re: youtube video on pgsql integrity

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gavan Schneider <pg-gts(at)snkmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: youtube video on pgsql integrity
Date: 2012-11-30 01:58:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Gavan Schneider <pg-gts(at)snkmail(dot)com> writes:
> pendari=> select now()/0;
> Bus error: 10

[ scratches head... ] I get the expected error report on my own OS X
10.7.5 machine (though it's just plain Lion not Server).

This looks like it's a psql-side problem, not a server-side problem,
particularly since you say nothing showed up in the server log.

I'm wondering about psql-to-libpq version mismatches and such, since
Lion comes with a 9.0-era libpq in /usr/lib. You might investigate
which library is being picked up using "otool -L". Also, Apple's
version of libedit is known to be pretty buggy, so if you're using
that it might be worth your trouble to install GNU readline instead.