Re: Chang wal block size and database block size in Windows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: classical_89 <luongnx512(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Chang wal block size and database block size in Windows
Date: 2012-11-29 04:49:17
Lists: pgsql-general

classical_89 <luongnx512(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Hi everyone , I work with PostgreSQL on Windows XP . I want to ask you
> something .How can i change Postgres wal block size and database block size
> in Windows ?

You'd need to recompile from source, and tell the configure script
which block size you want. (It looks like the MSVC build scripts
know how to set this, but I have no idea exactly how to set the
blocksize option with them.)

By and large, people haven't found that adjusting these values buys
a whole lot, which is why we've never bothered to make them adjustable
short of source-code changes.