Help on constructing a query that matches array

From: BlackMage <dsd7872(at)uncw(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help on constructing a query that matches array
Date: 2010-01-19 23:17:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey all,

I need help on constructing a query with arrays that matches the arrays up
as foriegn keys to another table. For example, say that I have two tables,
owners and pets.

Owner Table
owner_id | pet_ids
1 | {1,2,3}
2 | {2,3}

Pet Table
pet_ids | Pet Type
1 | Dog
2 | Cat
3 | Fish
4 | Bird

Basically I am trying to create a SELECT query that returns the type of pets
an owner has by matching the pet_ids up. Can anyone help me with this?