Re: getting a list of users

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Eric Smith <eric_h_smith(at)mac(dot)com>
Cc: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getting a list of users
Date: 2009-05-10 00:16:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Eric Smith <eric_h_smith(at)mac(dot)com> writes:
> When I try the command below, I get the very familiar error: "expected
> just one rule action"

You mean this?

regression=# SELECT usename FROM pg_catalog.pg_user;
usename
postgres
(1 row)

If you're getting that sort of error from standard views then there is
something exceedingly broken about your Postgres build. We have
occasionally heard from people who got similar errors after installing
nonstandard hacks that modify the representation of query trees ...
so is this a completely vanilla build? Where did you get it from?