exception

From: "hendra kusuma" <penguinroad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: exception
Date: 2008-11-13 05:41:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear all,

I'll have a little question here

I try to catch an exception as follows

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION gruptambah(pnama character varying)
RETURNS integer AS
$BODY$
declare
ret integer;
begin
insert into grup (nama_grup, mulai_dibuat) values (pNama, now());
select last_value into ret from grup_id_seq;
return ret;
EXCEPTION
WHEN unique_violation THEN
RAISE NOTICE 'error';
return 0;
end;
$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

it works perfectly
but I really like to ask if there is a way to catch any exeption
instead of defining what exception we would like to catch?
something like ELSE or what :)

Regards
Hendra