Re: Time Zone in Postgres

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Shilpa Sudhakar <ssudhakar(at)internode(dot)com(dot)au>, cat(at)zip(dot)com(dot)au, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time Zone in Postgres
Date: 2008-03-07 00:39:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Shilpa Sudhakar wrote:
>> From 2008, the DST ends on first Sunday of April and not on the last Sun
>> of March.

> Please report this issue to the guys maintaining the TZ database
> upstream:

You sure they don't know about it already?

# southeast Australia
#
# From Paul Eggert (2007-07-23):
# Starting autumn 2008 Victoria, NSW, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT
# end DST the first Sunday in April and start DST the first Sunday in October.
# http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/daylight-savings-to-span-six-months/2007/06/27/1182623966703.html

This is in our releases 8.2.5 and up. If the OP wants to live under a
government that feels free to whack DST laws around on a couple months'
notice, he's got to be prepared to keep up with software updates.