Re: ERROR: type "my_user_type" does not exist on REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Pascal CROZET <pascal(dot)crozet(at)metanext(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: type "my_user_type" does not exist on REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
Date: 2022-06-10 16:15:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at> writes:
> I would have to see the dump to be certain, but my guess is that you need to make the function
> independent from the current setting of "search_path" by schema-qualifying the data type:

> DECLARE
> _row my_schema.row_reporting_p;

Yeah, that seems likely to be the explanation. The restore will be run
under a restrictive search_path and functions that are not ready for that
will fail. It may well be that this isn't the only search_path dependency
in the function, in which case you might be better advised to add a
"SET search_path" option to the function, instead of trying to fix all
the references manually.