Re: FDW, too long to run explain

From: auxsvr <auxsvr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FDW, too long to run explain
Date: 2019-02-17 10:57:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Related to this question:

Postgresql cursors are in most cases I've tried extremely slow. The cause is as described in my previous answer, in my experience. Is there any plan or way to improve this situation? For example, for FDW one would expect the plan on the remote side to be similar, if not identical, to the one locally, with the exception of the setup cost.
--
Regards,
Peter